Covid-19 for walkers 25-Oct
Time Out Book of Country Walks volume 1
53 country walks in south east England, an hour or so by train from London
- A walk for every week of the year, and 1 to spare
- Walks are 7 to 14 miles in length with very detailed directions - you don't need an OS map.
- Walks start and finish at train stations
- Walks stop at a country pub for lunch and at a tea room (or pub) for tea
- Walks pass beautiful villages, ancient forests, country pubs, and historic houses, castles and gardens
- OS maps, updates, user feedback, new walks options, and GPS data available here.
- After your walk, we welcome your feedback, photos and videos.
Sadly, we no longer recommend buying the book as it is now dated. Updated versions of all the walks are available here.
One walk for every week of the year, and one to spare
The original idea of the book was a whole year of walks. However, some of the walks are best at particular times of the year (longer walks in the sumer with more hours of daylight, shorter ones in the winter, etc.). Below is our suggested schedule for you to adapt. The walks aren't quite in numerical order as we've tweaked the schedule a bit since the book was originally published).